REVEALED: Joe Biden paid 23.3% tax rate — lower than Trump’s 25%

March 14th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow thought she had a big scoop on Tuesday night with two pages of Donald Trump’s 2005 tax return, but what she actually revealed is that several Democratic politicians pay a lower rate than Trump.

Trump paid $38 million, or 25%, of his 2005 $150 million income in taxes.

By comparison, former Vice President Joe Biden had a 2015 “effective tax rate of 23.3%,” the White House revealed last year.

While announcing President Obama’s 2015 returns, which found he also paid a lower rate than Trump — 18.7% — the White House said of Biden:

The Vice President and Dr. Jill Biden also released their 2015 federal income tax returns, as well as state income tax returns for both Delaware and Virginia. The Bidens filed joint federal and combined Delaware income tax returns. Dr. Biden filed a separate non-resident Virginia tax return. Together, they reported adjusted gross income of $392,233. The Bidens paid $91,546 in total federal tax for 2015, amounting to an effective tax rate of 23.3%. They also paid $13,729 in Delaware income tax and Dr. Biden paid $3,882 in Virginia income tax. The Bidens contributed $6,620 to charity in 2015.

(more…)

Outrage after university digs up remains of suspected slaves to expand campus building

March 15th, 2017
By Victor Skinner

Black leaders are accusing University of Georgia officials of denigrating their slave ancestors by moving forward with the relocation of remains uncovered during a campus expansion project over a year ago.

Construction workers came across 105 bodies on what was Old Athens Cemetery during an expansion of Baldwin Hall in December 2015 and archaeologists exhumed the remains. DNA samples from 30 bodies determined most of the remains were blacks believed to have been slaves, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.

The university announced plans earlier this month to respectfully relocate the remains to nearby Oconee Hill Cemetery, along with a “stately granite marker” to honor the dead. The announcement drew scorn from local black leaders who contend university officials are perpetuating the “plantation” culture by ignoring the wishes of their unknown descendants, according to Associated Press.

As workers reburied the remains in a large lot near the back of Oconee Hill Cemetery on Tuesday – carefully arranging the bodies exactly as they were found – Athens Black History Council Chairman Fred Smith complained that “they’re being placed close to their white masters again.”

(more…)

Reporters pitch fit at State Dept briefing after conservative outlet invited on trip

March 15th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

While most people would wonder about what the policy goals are of Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s trip to Asia, several reporters groused today about who was invited on the plane.

Background, via TruNews:

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is traveling to Asia this week accompanied by only one reporter, a White House correspondent from the Independent Journal Review (IJR), a digital news outlet founded in 2012 by former Republican political operatives.

The IJR said in a statement late Tuesday the State Department last week offered one of its reporters, Erin McPike, a place aboard the Secretary’s aircraft on his trip this week to Asia. …

McPike is a White House correspondent for IJR, and previously reported for CNN, Real Clear Politics, NBC News, and National Journal, according to a statement on IJR’s website when she joined the site in February. She also briefly covered the 2016 election campaign for Reuters.

“We don’t take this opportunity lightly and recognize the controversy surrounding press access for the trip,” Alex Skatell, IJR’s founder and chief executive, said in a statement on Tuesday.

At today’s State Department briefing, several reporters pitched a fit over the invitation, demanding to know who made the decision, what the State Department hopes to gain from inviting an outlet the reporters were clearly upon with disdain.

State Department Spokesman Mark Toner was peppered with questions, and when another reporter asked a question about Iran, the group was incensed that he “moved on” so quickly — after 20 minutes — from the invitation topic.

CNN’s Michelle Kosinski went so far as to poll the room to see if the other reporters wanted to continue talking about the invitation.

“For the White House or whoever made this decision, to choose an organization that is not part of the (press) pool and is an obviously conservative, uh, website or whatever you want to call it, doesn’t that narrow the message and not broaden it? And what message does this send to the American public and the rest of the world?” Kosinski demanded to know.

Watch:

After several more minutes, another reporter said, “Can we move on?”

“I’d love to,” Toner responded.

Twitter users destroy Rachel Maddow after Trump tax return story falls flat

March 15th, 2017
By Makada Duncanson

On Tuesday, leftist MSNBC host Rachel Maddow announced she had obtained President Donald Trump’s 2005 tax returns and would be releasing them on her nightly show.

It turned out to be a non-story, and only served to help Trump by revealing he actually paid a higher tax rate than many Democrat politicians, including Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and socialist Bernie Sanders. The president even paid a higher tax rate than MSNBC.

Maddow’s story fell flat and Twitter users immediately took the opportunity to destroy her:

(more…)

Trump tax return reporter accuses Melania of doing ‘sleazy porn’

March 15th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

David Cay Johnston isn’t a man out to find the truth, he’s obviously out to smear Donald Trump.

And apparently First Lady Melania Trump, too.

After his over hyped appearance on Rachel Maddow’s show on MSNBC on Monday, Johnston walked across the hall to continue talking with Lawrence O’Donnell about the two pages of Trump’s 2005 federal tax return he said were mailed to him.

(more…)

Illegal ‘playing with gun’ accused of killing teen celebrating birthday

March 15th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

A Louisiana boy celebrating his 16th birthday is dead after police say he was shot by an illegal alien.

According to East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s deputies, Darius Plummer was shot by 49-year-old Octavio Bringas on Monday in an apartment.

“Bringas’ family said they heard one shot, went into the home and discovered Plummer suffering from a gunshot wound,” WBRZ reports.

Bringas had fled the scene.

The accused “said he was playing with a gun when it discharged, striking Plummer,” according to the sheriff’s department.

WBRZ described Bringas as an “undocumented person.”

(more…)

DESPERATE: David Brock offers $5,000,000 ‘reward’ for Trump tax return

March 15th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

After the Rachel Maddow Trump tax return belly flop broadcast live on MSNBC last night, liberals are kicking their desperation up a notch.

Maddow thought she had a juicy scoop, but instead revealed Donald Trump paid a higher federal tax rate in 2005 than Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders have in recent years.

In response, Clinton ally David Brock took to Twitter to offer an astonishing $5,000,000 for “Trump’s complete, legally obtained tax returns.”

(more…)

‘CLIENT COPY’: Did Donald Trump leak his own 2005 tax return?

March 14th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

Was Rachel Maddow’s mega hyped nothing burger actually leaked by the person she thought she was exposing?

After a nearly 20-minute rambling monologue about Donald Trump’s income and taxes, Maddow held up two pages of what she claimed was Trump’s federal tax return from 2005.

As she held the pages up to the camera, “Client Copy” was clearly visible, suggesting the copies came not from within the IRS, but from the taxpayer himself.

Here are the two pages the network showed:

Here’s a closer look of what MSNBC aired on screen:

Who else would have access to a “client copy” of Trump’s tax returns, except Donald Trump?

David Cay Johnston, who claimed he received the two pages in the mail, speculated during an appearance on Maddow’s program that Trump very well may have mailed them himself.

Did the Trump-obsessed media get punked again?

‘Environmentalists’ stick taxpayers with $1.1 million cleanup bill after pipeline protest

March 14th, 2017
By Makada Duncanson

The horrific mess left behind by pipeline protesters is putting your tax dollars to work.

So-called ‘environmentalists’ left behind mountains of trash after protesting against the construction of the Dakota Access Pipeline, so much trash that it cost taxpayers $1.1 million to clean up the disgusting mess, Fox & Friends reported on Tuesday.

(more…)

ASSANGE: Hillary ‘quietly pushing for Pence takeover’

March 14th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

Is Hillary Clinton actively trying to undermine the presidency of Donald Trump?

It’s one thing to make videos or appear for speeches and call for her followers to “resist,” but Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is asserting Hillary is up to something more sinister.

(more…)

House Republicans investigate Obama admin $$ sent to Soros group

March 14th, 2017
By Victor Skinner

U.S. House Republicans are calling for an investigation into tax dollars funneled through the U.S. Agency for International Development program to foundations controlled by billionaire liberal puppeteer George Soros.

Seven congressmen in January are demanding answers from USAID, the State Department, and Obama-appointed ambassador to Macedonia, Jess L. Bailey, over millions in U.S. funding funneled to groups associated with Soros’ Open Society Foundation that the country’s officials allege is being used to undermine the conservative government.

According to Judicial Watch:

The cash flows through the State Department and the famously corrupt U.S. Agency of International Development (USAID), which is charged with providing global economic, development and humanitarian assistance. USAID has allocated about $5 million to leftwing Soros groups in Macedonia since 2012, documents show, and at least $9.5 million has been earmarked by the agency to intervene in the Balkan nation’s governmental affairs for 2016-2021. State Department figures have been tougher to come by and Judicial Watch has filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for the numbers. Judicial Watch also fired off a public records request to USAID because the preliminary figures, obtained through various sources in both the U.S. and Macedonia, appear to be incomplete.

(more…)

Over 500 companies vying to build border wall

March 14th, 2017
By Kyle Olson

What’s the best way to get the best deal on a major project? Have hundreds of companies compete for the contract.

That’s exactly what’s happening with the proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“Detailed requirements will be included in the RFP, but for planning we anticipate procuring concrete wall structures, nominally 30 feet tall, that will meet requirements for esthetics, anti-climbing, and resistance to tampering and damage,” the pre-solicitation notice reads.

Companies from Arizona, California, and as far away as Israel and even Mexico are all competing for a piece of the action.

ABC 15 reports:

More than 30 Arizona businesses have officially signaled interest in bidding for a piece of President Donald Trump’s multi-billion dollar border wall project, according to records obtained by ABC15.

Across the country, 584 companies responded to a pre-solicitation notice posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website by signing up as “interested venders.”

Thirty-three of those companies show an Arizona address.

(more…)